Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Racism In Italian Soccer


        Hey guys how's it going? I'm finally back from a very very very long break. It makes so happy to be back after so long. I think we're up to the sixth blog so far. So in the spirit of the European Cup going on this summer, I'll be talking about Italian soccer and how racism is affecting them.

So Italian team manager, Arrigo Sacchi, owner of AC Milan says he is not a racist and never will be. Arrigo Sacchi Quote ‘I’m not racist … but there are too many blacks in youth teams’  

I find that so messed up that he could say that then say right before that he is not a racist. It's impossible for a whole culture or race to ruin a sport or even a whole culture. Sure it can be one or two people but you can't blame any whole culture for anything.

You can sort of compare it to Hitler in World War 2 when he blamed the whole Jewish race/culture for all of his failures. Not trying to be mean or anything though, he's a good manager with not so good message. 

I just don't think it was appropriate at all, especially for someone with so much publicity to say it in front of millions watching at home. It does not create a good image for himself or his team. 

In my eyes and I'm sure many others, you do not really have the right to blame one culture for the failure of soccer in your country. To me, the diversity in Italian soccer is what's saving it. Take Mario Balotelli for example or Paul Pogba, both play for or in Italy, both are all-star players, both are black but both suffer the most taunting and humiliation. I think that people are just jealous of their success and wanna try and put them down. 

So guys that wraps up blog number six, it's great to be back writing for you guys. Thanks again for the read and have a nice day!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hello serge I do find that racism in soccer is a very big subject but you seem very good at covering it all and I had a question about if you think that maybe they have just grown up always thinking that blacks shouldn't be in sports? anyways great post thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brian thanks again for the read and always fun to read your comments!! So to answer your question Brian, I do not think racism is something that comes through genes or any of that, it's something that has to be taught. In one of my past posts I quoted Nelson Mandela who explained what I just said. So thank you again so much for the read, love you and miss you;)

      Delete
  2. Hey Serge, I just read your blog and I think it's really interesting and important to the world right now. There's also so many other sports suffering from racism too. For example, nobody thinks white people are good at basketball, even in golf, Tiger Woods got made fun of and ridiculed for being one of the only black people playing. I hope it starts to go away and I'm glad you share the same opinion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Matt, thanks for the read and especially the comment, it means the world to me. Yeah, racism doesn't only affect soccer players it's every sport. I just compare it to soccer so much because soccer's my passion and I hate seeing it and it's players suffer when they're only doing their job. So thanks again for the comment ;) can't wait to read yours.

      Delete